On-Site Copying - Record Retrieval
On-Site Digital Copying Division
Our On-Site Digital Copying Division prepares your subpoenas for records, including the Notice to Consumer (if applicable), and mailings to opposing counsels. Our expert staff serves the subpoena on the location and returns to copy the records. We closely follow your order and provide periodic status reports.
- Access your records from a download link that we provide you, in addition to USB, paper copies, or whatever your preference.
- Historical records can be accessed from our portal with your client login. Access includes invoices, requests, Declaration of Custodian of Records, and the records.
- Our website has links to current special facility authorization forms. To view these forms click here.
- To find the Central Location for Service of Legal Process for Bank Records, click here.
- Please provide detailed patient information when requesting medical records if you have access to this information: Social Security Number, Date of Birth and Date of Incident.
- If you have date limitations, please be sure to make a notation of this on your request, otherwise we will obtain any and all records.
- Please note if you would like diagnostic films, billing records and/or insurance records.
- Please designate for large medical centers if you want both the hospital and the clinic records.
- On matters involving real estate transactions, the notice to consumer must be sent to all parties involved (buyers/sellers); therefore, please include the names and addresses of all parties to be noticed.
- Subpoenas are used to obtain records, rather than authorizations, 20 days after the Summons has been served (CCP 2025)
- Records from any Veteran Affairs office requires a signed authorization.
- Any request for telephonic records requires a signed authorization by the party of record on the account.
- Any mental health records require a special signed authorization which specifically states the release of psychiatric/mental health records.
- Any HIV/AIDS treatment related medical records require a special signed authorization which specifically states the release of those records.
- If using a medical authorization, please make sure the authorization is dated by the patient within the last 6 months. Make sure the authorization is HIPAA compliant.
AT&T Authorization (PDF) (HTML)
Note: AT&T will only release outgoing information with an authorization. Anything incoming requires a subpoena. Text messages will only include the date and time (no content) no matter what form you submit.
Civil Codes of Procedure & Evidence Codes
- CCP 1985 – Subpoena/Consumer Records
- CCP 2025 – Objections/Motions
- EVID 1560 – Production of Business Records
A California HIPAA compliant request is:
- Handwritten by the person who signs it or is in the typeface no smaller than 14-point type.
- Clearly separate from any other language present on the same page and is signed for no other purpose than to execute the authorization.
- Signed and dated by either the patient, legal representative of the patient (if the patient is a minor or legally incompetent), the spouse of the patient or person financially responsible for the patient, where the medical information is being sought for the sole purpose of processing an application for health insurance, etc., the beneficiary or personal representative of a deceased patient.
- States the specific uses and limitations on the types of medical information to be disclosed.
- States the name or functions of the record keeper that may disclose the medical information.
- States the name or functions of the person or entities authorized to receive the medical information.
- States the specific uses and limitations on the use of the medical information by the persons or entities authorized to receive the medical information.
- States the specific date after which the record keeper is no longer authorized to disclose the medical information.
- Advises the person signing the authorization of the rights to receive a copy of the authorization.
- Click here to learn more about our Court Filing Services.
- Click here to learn more about our Process Serving Services.
- Click here to see our service coverage areas.
Call (831) 384-4030 for your personalized full-service legal support in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Santa Clara Counties and throughout California. We also regularly copy in Palo Alto and the surrounding medical communities in that area.