Process Serving Services
Our Process Serving Division serves people promptly, and Proofs of Service are generated quickly. Servers will verify addresses by checking with neighbors and we utilize other resources, including the U.S. postal service. Private investigators can be contracted to assist with your needs. Status reports are emailed to keep you advised of our progress. Our automated system will let you know when your service has been completed, and your Proof of Service will be emailed once it has been prepared and signed. You may also obtain a login to our portal to review order history and the status of in-progress orders.
- If known, please provide us with a physical description (including approximate age) of the person to be served, especially in cases where there is a “junior” and “senior” living at the same address.
- If the subject is known to be violent, please include this information and the details. Upon review, we may request that you refer the service to the Sheriff’s office.
- If known, provide the name of the business where we are attempting service and the hours defendant might be found there.
- Always include at least one copy of documents for each defendant to be served.
- If we are serving an agent on behalf of a company, please specify in your instructions which company is being served.
Common Civil Codes of Procedures
- CCP 415, CCP 416 – Summons & Complaints
- CCP 1162 – Tenancy Notices
- CCP 1011 – Service on Opposing Counsel
- CCP 1987, 2020 etc – Subpoenas
- CCP 116 – Small Claim
Witness Fees – Civil
Personal appearance in state court actions – $35/day, plus $.20 per mile (round trip) from witness’ residence to appearance address. (Gov’t. Code 68093)
Records Only – No Appearance – $15 (must accompany subpoena at time of service)
Governmental Employees – Make checks payable to the public entity in the amount of $275 if the individual will be testifying in his/her official capacity (Gov’t. Code 68097.1)
Witness Fees – Federal
Personal appearance in federal court actions – $40/day, plus $.57.5 cents per mile (round trip) from witness’ residence to appearance address. (one day’s attendance + mileage must accompany subpoena at time of service) (28 USC 1821) Witness is entitled to additional fees, see code.
Records Only – No statutory mandate to pay fee, but custodians are accustomed to $15
- Process Request Form
- Credit Card Authorization Form – .PDF.
- Click here to learn more about our On Site Digital Copy Services.
- Click here to learn more about our Court Filing Services.
- Click here to see our service coverage areas.
Call (831) 384-4030 for your personalized full-service legal support in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Santa Clara Counties and throughout California.