Fax Filing Information:
- Index tabs will replace your paper exhibit pages, so please denote those breaks clearly for our staff.
- It’s important for you to provide us with the number of documents to be filed and the title of those documents.
- Confirmation or notice of rejection by court will be sent to you on a same-day basis as your filing request.
- Filing Fees can be advanced to the court upon your request.
- Courtesy Copies to Judge’s Chambers – Please note that as a general rule Monterey County, Santa Cruz County and San Benito County Courts do not accept courtesy copies. If a judge has specifically requested a courtesy copy, please be sure to include this information in your instructions to us, as this is not a standard procedure.
Click here to view Filing/Services Cutoff Times
Monthly Court Courier Services
Sayler Legal Service, Inc. offers daily courier service to the Monterey Court. The service is performed as follows: At approximately 9:30 a.m. each weekday morning, we will telephone your office to see whether or not you have any documentation that needs to be taken to the Monterey Branch Court for processing. If so, we pick up the documentation and deliver it to the Monterey Branch Court the same day. If you have work daily for the court, we can make arrangements to stop by daily, rather than phone. The documentation is left for processing and picked up the same day in the afternoon (if completed by the clerks). If the documentation is not processed, and is marked urgent, we will contact you from the court and alert you to the problem. The court allows us to stand in line with your urgent documents to be filed – routine work must be placed in the clerk’s in-baskets. There are currently limitations set by the clerk’s office on how many “at counter” documents that can be filed. We work with the clerks to ensure as many urgent filings as possible can be accommodated at counter. The conformed copies are delivered back to your office the following day when we pick up your new work.
Sayler Legal Service, Inc. is not responsible for any documentation rejected by the court. We can deliver documentation to the court and advance fees for you, but we cannot make the clerks accept documentation that they feel is not acceptable. Any information that you wish to be relayed to the clerk’s office should be in writing, directed to the clerks, and attached to your paperwork. Any status requests should also be directed to the clerks in writing so that we can deliver this to the clerk’s office for you. Any statutes or urgent needs should be highlighted on the messenger slip to bring the deadlines to the clerk’s attention.
Research requests at the court or requests for copies out of case files are invoiced separately and are not considered part of the monthly service. We consider these jobs separate as the services are performed on a separate floor of the courthouse and we must incur wait time for files, etc.
You may terminate this agreement, without penalty, at any time. We reserve the right to change our monthly fee with a thirty-day written notice to our clients. Our fee is dependent upon your location—please contact us for a quote for this service.
- Click here to learn more about our On Site Digital Copy Services.
- Click here to learn more about our Process Serving Services.
- Click here to see our service coverage areas.
Call (831) 384-4030 for your personalized full-service legal support in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Santa Clara Counties and throughout California.